A Romantic Timber Frame Getaway
Many of the furnishings were purchased overseas during our tours in Germany, Italy and elsewhere. Every piece has a story!
- The mosaic tile was purchased in San Remo on the coast of Italy
- The grandfather’s clock is from the Black Forest in Germany.
- Several of the stand-alone cabinets are from Bavaria in Germany.
the artwork is from all over Europe.
- The Bumble Bee’s stone fireplace was built for us as a gift from our neighbor (a stellar Stone Mason)
- The photography prints in the tower of the Lodge are a composition of our favorite ancient timber frame and related details from across Europe.
- The antiques throughout were purchased from Antique markets and Flea Markets here and in Europe.
- Particularly notable, all the decorative and functional iron work you see on SME is sketched out by Ralph and crafted by our friend, an exceptional Black Smith, in Culpeper, VA.