Romantic Lodging in the Shenandoah Valley
One of our two largest cabins located in the Bear Dance Lodge which also includes the dragonfly cabin, our timber frame observation tower, covered slate patio, and cantina (accessible upon special request).
The Bumblebee shares no walls with the adjoining cabin – both are separate cabins that share an entry foyer. The Bumblebee is an authentic two-level timber frame cabin.
The cabin features:
- “Old World” European décor complete with European antiques and Bavarian Farmers cabinets
- Large master bedroom with Argentinian forged iron Artisan Queen size canopy bed
- Reading room with leather couch
- Historic portrait gallery
- Small living room with leather chairs, fireplace, and TV
- A large stone gas fireplace (Use only in winter season)
- Central Heat and A/C
- Dining area with wooden dining table
- Private deck overlooking the SME woodland park landscape
- Flat screen tv with access via STARLINK
- Tile and wood floors
- A full kitchen (less a dishwasher) equipped with stove, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, utensils, glassware, and a full set of cookware
- Full bath with shower and bathtub
- Keurig K-CUP Coffee makers with complimentary K-cups, cream and sugar provided. (If you have a favorite K-CUP flavor, we encourage you to bring your own)
- Bed linens and towels provided for no additional fee.
- Cabin rentals do not include daily housekeeping services.
- STARLINK “Wi-Fi” access – with cell reception via WI-FI
- Gas grill with grilling utensils
- Please note – this cabin has a large master bedroom upstairs with the bathroom downstairs
Guests also will enjoy:
- Complimentary home-made treats gift basket on arrival
- Complimentary self-start campfire (on Saturday nights) during local burn authorized periods
- Self-guided 25-point half mile nature trail on property
- Self-guided “Journey through the world of ancient timber framing” tour
- Pristine mountain well water
- Shenandoah National Park hiking tips and recommendations
- Hiking sticks
- Local dining tips and recommendations upon request
- New York Style Pizza Delivery Service direct to cabins
Guests acknowledge SME is a couple only escape – only two registered guests allowed in any cabin at any time.
No children or pets permitted.
Couple’s Getaway- Bumblebee
$235 per night (Monday – Thursday)
$295 per night (Fri – Sunday)
Military (Active – Retired), Fireman and Police – 10% discount
$250 Security Deposit- payable by PayPal – applied to your balance
Does not include local/state taxes