1. Drive along the Skyline Drive or take a hike on forested trails in the Shenandoah National Park and observe the spring blooms and new growth (recommend Little Devils Stairs in the spring time for fit day hikers). Walk in the lush Big Meadows area of the National Park or hike to a peak like Mary’s Rock, Stony Man, or Hawksbill.
2. Visit Wisteria Farm and Vineyard, Ducard Vineyard, Sharp Rock, Rappahannock Cellars, Desert Rose Winery, Gadino Cellars, Chester Gap located on the Blue Ridge Whisky Wine Loop. While on the wine loop, also visit Copper Fox Whisky distillery for a remarkable tour and tasting. Have a picnic at the wineries while enjoying a lovely glass of Virginia wine in the scenic surroundings of the vineyards. Check out the “new” Beer Garden at Hopkin’s Ordinary Ale Works in Sperryville!
3. Hunt for morel mushrooms in Poplar Forests (focus efforts on the lower slopes of the mountains between mid – April and mid-May)
4. Get a wild flower identification book and take walks to search the many different spring blooms (pick your favorites and bring a small bouquet back to your cabin to admire)
5. Enjoy many spring festivals of the valley’s old towns (Luray Festival of Spring on Mother’s Day Weekend)
6. Canoe the Shenandoah River and relish the many sights and sounds of water fowl and new blooms
7. Tour the magnificent Luray Caverns and Luray Valley Museum in Luray.
8. Enjoy an evening of comfortable dining at one of the Shenandoah National Park’s scenic Lodges, the Mimslyn Inn, Thornton River Grille, Gathering Grounds Café, Griffin Tavern or other recommended eateries on the Blue Ridge Whisky Wine Loop (recommend checking for scheduled live music nights)
9. Visit the numerous diners in the valley and enjoy classic generous county breakfasts and lunches (recommend Hawksbill Diner in Stanley; Mok & Shes, Gathering Grounds or West Main Market in Luray)
10. For history lovers – visit the valley’s many antique shops and museums (recommend Luray Caverns’ Luray Valley Museum, the New Market Battlefield and Museum, the Copper Fox Antique Warehouse in Sperryville, and the numerous small antique and collectables shops in Luray.
Favorite Hiking Trails and attractions – Click here to see the details:
Cabin Availability: See below or click here: