- SME History
- SME Nature Trail
- The Magical Timberframe
- Our Top Ten “Must Do’s”
- Guest Comments
- Virginia Green Award
- Check out SME in the Media Here.
Feed your soul in this beautifully landscaped 15 acre setting located on the edge of the magnificent Shenandoah National Parkwilderness. SME borders the Shenandoah National Park (2.9 miles to the main Luray Entrance – Thornton Gap)
The Shadow Mountain Escape (SME) compound features a crystal clear mountain stream, fish pond, mountain views, and a woodland nature trail. Discover the many varieties of wildlife, fauna, and other natural thrills resident in Jewell Hollow while enjoying the countless nearby attractions and adventures.
- Take a stroll with your loved one in the solitude of Jewell Hollow along the racing waters of a clear mountain stream.
- Snuggle up in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine.
- Enjoy your time away from the daily grind and be alone..just you and your sweetheart.
- See the magnificent stars on a clear winter night unspoiled by artificial light.
- There are always magical moments for you to seize at Shadow Mountain Escape (SME).
- Shadow Mountain Escape specializes in hosting couples for romantic and celebration getaways.
- Our accommodations offer a clean climate controlled timber frame cabin with comfortable beds, full kitchen, satellite television, DVD, and modern amenities for comfortable living. (Please note, the Ladybug cabin does not have a kitchen)
- We are an energy efficient “Virginia Green” business with an on-site recycling center for our guests to utilize. Recognized as Virginia Green’s “Cabin of the Year for 2104 + 2015”!
- We provide an atmosphere welcoming to all European and foreign guests.
- We also provide our guests with personalized service and trip planning assistance if requested.