Here are our recommended Seasonal Top “Must Do”s to meet your likes and lifestyle!
- Hike a short or long trail to a scenic ridge in the Shenandoah National Park – try to identify the numerous late summer/fall mushrooms along the way
- Stroll through the numerous flea markets and antique shops in Luray and Sperryville – visit the Copper Fox antique warehouse in Sperryville – consider taking a short walk through the tiny town of Sperryville and have lunch or dinner at the Thornton River Grill or one of the other specialty eateries in the middle of town. Visit the distillery while in Sperryville.
- Visit the numerous diners in the valley and enjoy classic generous county breakfasts and lunches (recommend Hawksbill Diner in Stanley and Gathering Grounds)
- Buy and eat fresh apples of numerous varieties grown in regional orchards, make a fresh apple pie in your cabin and eat as many delicious fall apples as you can; look for country quilts and other fall season local made preserves, honey and specialties while buying apples
- Chat around a crackling campfire on a clear, cool night and roast marshmallows while sipping your favorite cold weather beverage
- Eat lunch at Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill (recommend fish & chips, it’s all good) and then go to Rappahannock Cellars and Desert Rose Winery just down the road for nice glass of red wine and take in the lovely surroundings of the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Enjoy an evening of comfortable reasonable dining at the Mimslyn Inn (recommend checking for scheduled live music nights), for exceptional Mexican Food visit Rancho Viejo in Luray; for casual fine dining experiences visit The Mimslyn in Luray or the Thornton River Grill in Sperryville; the best New York Style Pizza can be found at Anthony’s Pizza via delivery or at their shop in the Luray shopping center next to Food Lion
- Tour the magnificent Luray Caverns and Shenandoah Valley Museum in Luray; or, the Shenandoah Caverns and the New Market civil war battlefield.
- Picnic or grill at Lake Arrowhead and take a walk around the lake to enjoy the surrounding mountain views and wildlife
- Ride a horse and take a trail ride with Jordan Hollow Stables in Stanley or with the Shenandoah National Park
Bonus Adventure: Check DiscoverShenandoah.com for seasonal experiences on the Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop.
Favorite Hiking Trails – Click here to see the details:
Cabin Availability: See below or click here: